Proud member of

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

I'm back!

Vacation and Orioles related depression have kept me off the blog for the last couple weeks, but (hopefully) I'll start updating it more often now that I'm back.

-Went to see the 2 good O's/Nats games last weekend. Bill Bray and Chris Ray are great guys. Ray was disgusting Friday night.

-We signed Russ Ortiz. Believe it or not, I like this move. Very low risk, and I have a feeling he will step up big-time with Mazzone coaching him. ***Mazzone Magic***

-Billy Rowell still isn't signed. The O's are sitting put at 2 million while Billy wants 2.1. Even though it all seems like a heck of a lot of money for a guy coming out of high school, get the dang deal done!

-The Tejada trade rumor is showing it's ugly head....again. Though I wouldn't mind if he were trading, I really doubt he will be, and I think it's a big distraction to the team when they pop up.

-PLEASE get Ryan Shealy. Not only is he a young hitter with pop, he also solves the gigantic hole at 1B. Penn or Loewen is too much, though. Javy is probably(possibly) too little. If they want young pitching, how about J.J. Johnson? I would be hesitant to give up Erbe, Liz, or Olsen.(By the way, as I'm writing this Ramon went deep! 4-0 O's!) More on Shealy.

-The pitching has been spectacular lately. Loewen pitched a solid(though he had WAY too many walks) game Saturday against the Nats, Bedard has been on fire, Benson is still solid as a rock, and Rodrigo has really picked it up. Daniel is annoying the heck out of me on the other hand, as he is still extremely inconsistent.

-The trade deadline is a little over a month away, but coming fast. Players I want to see gone? Matos(if we can get anything), Javy, Hawkins, Rodrigo, Chen(again, if we can get anything), Millar, and Conine.

-Congrats B-Rob on your first jack of the season. Long overdue, it's 6-0 O's!

Hopefully we can pick up at least one W in the doubledip. A sweep would be great....

PS-Sidebar is now updated.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives
  • The Flock!
  • Retire44
  • Ray after opening day save
  • Coco gettin' greedy
  • Daniel is tall...
  • Brian's broken bat...
  • Ray after shutting down Matsui, Yanks
  • Ramon walk-off
  • Ramon getting mobbed
  • C-Ray!!!!!!!!
  • An early look at Ortiz